Hi
The keyboard on my Dell CPi went out last night when I was using the vimtutor. I have had several keyboards go bad in the past running Linux distros. The laptop was not hot. I rebooted, and was able to login from the keyboard, but was not able to use the keyboard after that. I could click on icons. I also plugged in an external keyboard with the same results (not USB). I have Knoppix installed on the HDD.
I put a HDD that has DSL on it, and I could type w/the keyboard. I booted the knoppix 5.1.1 CD and could use the keyboard.
I put the HDD that has the Debian/Knoppix 5.1.1 distro back in the laptop. I could login using the keyboard, but could not type anything bringing up "Console" from the icon or using any text editor. I then brought up the tty3 terminal using F3 and was able to use the keyboard to enter text into it. I am thinking that some key combination in vimtutor caused the keyboard problem.
I started to look at configuration files to see if I could find anything keyboard related:
/etc/modules/
cat module.conf
Where do I look to see how the keyboard is configured? Once I know what that file is, I plan to boot the CD to see what that file should be like.

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Patriot Viper Steel 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4-3600MHZ
$350.00
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00
LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00