Hi All,
I have noticed on 4.02. and 5.1.1 with two different computers that the network connection does not restart if the computer is disconnected. I have several computers connected to a switch in my office, which is connected to a router downstairs. If I turn the power off to the switch at night, the next day Knoppix does not reconnect. I can get it to reconnect by clicking on Network Card Configuration under the Knoppix-Network/Internet on the K menu once the switch is back on. The other strange thing that happens is if ifconfig is run, the eth0 is gone from the list.
With other distros, the network comes back on automatically. I would prefer this to be the case, because I like to power the switch down to save power and protect the Knoppix system from intrusion. I also want to run this as a 'headless' or monitor-less system, and just ssh into it, but if the network stops working, I will not be able to ssh to it. Except for the network connection not restarting, Knoppix seems to be the best distro for what I am using it for.
Thanks
Jonathan

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95