-
Network connection does not restart if disconnected
Hi All,
I have noticed on 4.02. and 5.1.1 with two different computers that the network connection does not restart if the computer is disconnected. I have several computers connected to a switch in my office, which is connected to a router downstairs. If I turn the power off to the switch at night, the next day Knoppix does not reconnect. I can get it to reconnect by clicking on Network Card Configuration under the Knoppix-Network/Internet on the K menu once the switch is back on. The other strange thing that happens is if ifconfig is run, the eth0 is gone from the list.
With other distros, the network comes back on automatically. I would prefer this to be the case, because I like to power the switch down to save power and protect the Knoppix system from intrusion. I also want to run this as a 'headless' or monitor-less system, and just ssh into it, but if the network stops working, I will not be able to ssh to it. Except for the network connection not restarting, Knoppix seems to be the best distro for what I am using it for.
Thanks
Jonathan
Similar Threads
-
By brianfay in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 05:23 PM
-
By l0815 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 11:03 PM
-
By l0815 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 08:27 PM
-
By Jeffr680J in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 10:46 AM
-
By strogon42 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 05:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New
$284.79

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99

AMD A10-7890K 4.1 GHz Socket FM2+ Desktop CPU Processor AD789KXDI44JC
$99.99