Hi All,
I have noticed on 4.02. and 5.1.1 with two different computers that the network connection does not restart if the computer is disconnected. I have several computers connected to a switch in my office, which is connected to a router downstairs. If I turn the power off to the switch at night, the next day Knoppix does not reconnect. I can get it to reconnect by clicking on Network Card Configuration under the Knoppix-Network/Internet on the K menu once the switch is back on. The other strange thing that happens is if ifconfig is run, the eth0 is gone from the list.
With other distros, the network comes back on automatically. I would prefer this to be the case, because I like to power the switch down to save power and protect the Knoppix system from intrusion. I also want to run this as a 'headless' or monitor-less system, and just ssh into it, but if the network stops working, I will not be able to ssh to it. Except for the network connection not restarting, Knoppix seems to be the best distro for what I am using it for.
Thanks
Jonathan

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
2U AI MINING SERVER 2x Xeon 36 cores 2.3Ghz DDR4 2x NVIDIA V100 GPU PCIe 2PS USA
$799.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY.
$49.99