Better download the "DVD" version (knoppix 5.3) which has Iceweasel 2 00 12. It all works and I am very pleased with it.
Might need tweaking but help is not far away.
![]()
knoppix 5.1.1 cd
can't get any kind of flash player to work
for video such as youtube etc.
is there any special way to do this?
maybe a how-to?
or am i just too stupid to work the damn thing?
Better download the "DVD" version (knoppix 5.3) which has Iceweasel 2 00 12. It all works and I am very pleased with it.
Might need tweaking but help is not far away.
![]()
i don't have dvd writing hardware.
is there any other way?
I suspect DVD's are available , check out the Knoppix website.
D
People are certainly willing to sell DVDs, but very few people who are out to profit from someone else's work take the time to burn a DVD at low speed, and this leads to a lot of booting problems. I would suggest either finding a friend who can burn the DVD and introduce them to Knoppix also in return for them making you a copy, or looking at one of the many other newer Linux distros on Live CD format rather than Live DVD. It's unfortunate that Klaus never cane out with an official 5.3.1 CD release, but not completely unexpected considering the trend in releases over the last few years.Originally Posted by dh100
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
This relates to "You Tube", I believe.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...videos-608978/
I haven't looked at in detail though
![]()

SK hynix 16GB DDR5 5600 PC5-5600B 262-Pin SO-DIMM Non-ECC RAM
$200.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00
Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95
Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM
$37.99
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (4x16GB) 3600MHz DDR4 RAM - Black
$320.89
23 LOT - 4GB PC3-12600U DDR3 MEMORY RAM DESKTOP MIXED BRANDS (1 - 2Gb) Desktop
$149.99
1 X Samsung M471A2K43EB1-CWE 16GB PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200) SO-DIMM Memory(UNTESTED)
$75.00
LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99