Better download the "DVD" version (knoppix 5.3) which has Iceweasel 2 00 12. It all works and I am very pleased with it.
Might need tweaking but help is not far away.
![]()
knoppix 5.1.1 cd
can't get any kind of flash player to work
for video such as youtube etc.
is there any special way to do this?
maybe a how-to?
or am i just too stupid to work the damn thing?
Better download the "DVD" version (knoppix 5.3) which has Iceweasel 2 00 12. It all works and I am very pleased with it.
Might need tweaking but help is not far away.
![]()
i don't have dvd writing hardware.
is there any other way?
I suspect DVD's are available , check out the Knoppix website.
D
People are certainly willing to sell DVDs, but very few people who are out to profit from someone else's work take the time to burn a DVD at low speed, and this leads to a lot of booting problems. I would suggest either finding a friend who can burn the DVD and introduce them to Knoppix also in return for them making you a copy, or looking at one of the many other newer Linux distros on Live CD format rather than Live DVD. It's unfortunate that Klaus never cane out with an official 5.3.1 CD release, but not completely unexpected considering the trend in releases over the last few years.Originally Posted by dh100
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
This relates to "You Tube", I believe.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...videos-608978/
I haven't looked at in detail though
![]()

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60
Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$44.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU
$50.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99