Better download the "DVD" version (knoppix 5.3) which has Iceweasel 2 00 12. It all works and I am very pleased with it.
Might need tweaking but help is not far away.
![]()
knoppix 5.1.1 cd
can't get any kind of flash player to work
for video such as youtube etc.
is there any special way to do this?
maybe a how-to?
or am i just too stupid to work the damn thing?
Better download the "DVD" version (knoppix 5.3) which has Iceweasel 2 00 12. It all works and I am very pleased with it.
Might need tweaking but help is not far away.
![]()
i don't have dvd writing hardware.
is there any other way?
I suspect DVD's are available , check out the Knoppix website.
D
People are certainly willing to sell DVDs, but very few people who are out to profit from someone else's work take the time to burn a DVD at low speed, and this leads to a lot of booting problems. I would suggest either finding a friend who can burn the DVD and introduce them to Knoppix also in return for them making you a copy, or looking at one of the many other newer Linux distros on Live CD format rather than Live DVD. It's unfortunate that Klaus never cane out with an official 5.3.1 CD release, but not completely unexpected considering the trend in releases over the last few years.Originally Posted by dh100
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
This relates to "You Tube", I believe.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...videos-608978/
I haven't looked at in detail though
![]()

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99