I had similar problems a couple of weeks ago.
Have you set root password. (Penguin/set root password)?
David
Having successfully installed Knoppix 5.1.1 (following a download and subsequent ISO burn) on the 20GB HDD of a P3 laptop with max 256MB RAM ,each time I try to access services in KDE requiring the root password , for example when wishing to change the area time or any other services , the response is : Su returned with error.
This is my first encounter with a debian fork after having used the Mandriva distro.
Does someone know what the problem is and how to correct ?
TIA for any advice
Frank higlandham
I had similar problems a couple of weeks ago.
Have you set root password. (Penguin/set root password)?
David
I have sollved the 'su in KDE' problem following advice from this forum , now realising that the problem already had been posted by someone else.
From / home/frank I selected hidden file and found /.kde ---> / share ---> / config ----> /config ----> / kdesurc
Opened kdesurc with Kwrite and made the following change : super-user-command=sudo to super-user-command=su
saved kdesurc and closed Kwrite
I now can access all progs requiring root password from within KDE
Frank (highlandham) temporarily in Torrance - California

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Vacloong Vacuum-Sealed 3D Printing Filament Kit, 20 Packs PUMP+20P, White
$18.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67