I had similar problems a couple of weeks ago.
Have you set root password. (Penguin/set root password)?
David
Having successfully installed Knoppix 5.1.1 (following a download and subsequent ISO burn) on the 20GB HDD of a P3 laptop with max 256MB RAM ,each time I try to access services in KDE requiring the root password , for example when wishing to change the area time or any other services , the response is : Su returned with error.
This is my first encounter with a debian fork after having used the Mandriva distro.
Does someone know what the problem is and how to correct ?
TIA for any advice
Frank higlandham
I had similar problems a couple of weeks ago.
Have you set root password. (Penguin/set root password)?
David
I have sollved the 'su in KDE' problem following advice from this forum , now realising that the problem already had been posted by someone else.
From / home/frank I selected hidden file and found /.kde ---> / share ---> / config ----> /config ----> / kdesurc
Opened kdesurc with Kwrite and made the following change : super-user-command=sudo to super-user-command=su
saved kdesurc and closed Kwrite
I now can access all progs requiring root password from within KDE
Frank (highlandham) temporarily in Torrance - California

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Patton SmartNode 4114 VoIP Media Gateway
$120.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99