I had similar problems a couple of weeks ago.
Have you set root password. (Penguin/set root password)?
David
Having successfully installed Knoppix 5.1.1 (following a download and subsequent ISO burn) on the 20GB HDD of a P3 laptop with max 256MB RAM ,each time I try to access services in KDE requiring the root password , for example when wishing to change the area time or any other services , the response is : Su returned with error.
This is my first encounter with a debian fork after having used the Mandriva distro.
Does someone know what the problem is and how to correct ?
TIA for any advice
Frank higlandham
I had similar problems a couple of weeks ago.
Have you set root password. (Penguin/set root password)?
David
I have sollved the 'su in KDE' problem following advice from this forum , now realising that the problem already had been posted by someone else.
From / home/frank I selected hidden file and found /.kde ---> / share ---> / config ----> /config ----> / kdesurc
Opened kdesurc with Kwrite and made the following change : super-user-command=sudo to super-user-command=su
saved kdesurc and closed Kwrite
I now can access all progs requiring root password from within KDE
Frank (highlandham) temporarily in Torrance - California

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB 7200RPM 3.5in SATA III 6Gb/s - enterprise-grade hard drive
$49.00
Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00
Western Digital Blue (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 64MB Cache) 1TB HDD
$19.90
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99