Did you do this:
Code:# apt-get install slapd
Hi,
has anyone get managed slapd to run on knoppix 3.2?
I tried compilation and binary installation and both failed.
While compiling the source I had trouble with multiple libdb versions,
the binary packages (stable) failed with errno=97 and errno=98.
I just would be glad to hear someone telling he has ldap running
on knoppix 3.2 and how he installed it.
tom
Did you do this:
Code:# apt-get install slapd
yes, but this doesn't work, the package is broken
then I tried
apt-get install slapd/stable
it was installed fine, but starting the slapd failed with
errno=97 and errno=98
tom
Sorry tom- I'm out of ideas and don't have any data to serve up.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$599.00
MINIX NEO Z83-4 MAX Fanless Mini PC Win 11 Pro 4GB 128GB Home Lab Linux Server
$69.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00
Turbolinux Server and Workstation, Red Hat, Maximum Linux LOT 13 CDs
$40.00
ULTIMATE ARCH LINUX BOOTABLE USB/DVD INSTALLER 64-BIT - CHOOSE BUILD - PC/MAC
$4.49
HP ProLiant DL360P G8 Server 2.60Ghz 16-Core 96GB 2X 300GB Enterprise (Renewed)
$140.00
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99