-
Knew to Knoppix: Help! w/ getting USB WLAN thing working...
Hello. I downloaded the latest version of Knoppix (running from DVD) on my ~2 year old Gateway laptop. The OS and SW work fine, but I can't establish a wireless networking connection. After reading through the message boards and getting some ideas, I tried the following:
Start 'Terminal'
Knoppix@knoppix: ~$: wlcardconfig
(wireless configuration dialog box appears)
Mode: Managed
ESSID: (I entered the SSID for my router)
WEP key: (I entered the WEP key)
WPA/WPA2 parameters (I didn't change anything here (I'm using WEP 802.11b)
IP: Set/Connect..."eth0 Network Device...Obtain Address Automatically? (I clicked 'Yes')
(wait for a few seconds)
(then it returns with a dialog box with a bunch of IP/network/gateway...blah blah numbers)(I think it successfully received it's info from the router)
(then I close out of that, and try to open 'google.com' or something with the browser...nothing!)
The modem is a USB 802.11g Airlink Model AWLL3026. As mentioned above, it appears to be powered up and recognized, but no connection.
Obviously, I don't really know what I'm doing. Any and all help from the experts out there would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By miami797 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2006, 06:46 PM
-
By santos_douglas in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:02 AM
-
By knop in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
-
By Brian Mcmahon in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 04:58 AM
-
By Bobmeister in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 01:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$199.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

F4-3200C16D-64GVK G.Skill RipJaws 32GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz Memory
$159.00

16GB(2x 8GB) Crucial DDR3L-1600 SODIMM / Lot of 2 8GB / Laptop RAM Memory / A25
$17.99

G.Skill Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) (DDR5-6000 DDR5 RAM Memory Cl30-38-38-96 AMD EXPO
$419.95

32GB 2x Samsung 16GB 2Rx8 M378A2K43CB1 PC4-21300 DDR4-2666 RAM TESTED
$110.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz CL15 DIMM RAM CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
$52.99