-
Knew to Knoppix: Help! w/ getting USB WLAN thing working...
Hello. I downloaded the latest version of Knoppix (running from DVD) on my ~2 year old Gateway laptop. The OS and SW work fine, but I can't establish a wireless networking connection. After reading through the message boards and getting some ideas, I tried the following:
Start 'Terminal'
Knoppix@knoppix: ~$: wlcardconfig
(wireless configuration dialog box appears)
Mode: Managed
ESSID: (I entered the SSID for my router)
WEP key: (I entered the WEP key)
WPA/WPA2 parameters (I didn't change anything here (I'm using WEP 802.11b)
IP: Set/Connect..."eth0 Network Device...Obtain Address Automatically? (I clicked 'Yes')
(wait for a few seconds)
(then it returns with a dialog box with a bunch of IP/network/gateway...blah blah numbers)(I think it successfully received it's info from the router)
(then I close out of that, and try to open 'google.com' or something with the browser...nothing!)
The modem is a USB 802.11g Airlink Model AWLL3026. As mentioned above, it appears to be powered up and recognized, but no connection.
Obviously, I don't really know what I'm doing. Any and all help from the experts out there would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By miami797 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2006, 06:46 PM
-
By santos_douglas in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:02 AM
-
By knop in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
-
By Brian Mcmahon in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 04:58 AM
-
By Bobmeister in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 01:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Qty.8 Samsung 16GB 2RX4 Pc4 2133P M393A2G40DB0-CPB0Q Ram Memory
$599.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00