-
Knew to Knoppix: Help! w/ getting USB WLAN thing working...
Hello. I downloaded the latest version of Knoppix (running from DVD) on my ~2 year old Gateway laptop. The OS and SW work fine, but I can't establish a wireless networking connection. After reading through the message boards and getting some ideas, I tried the following:
Start 'Terminal'
Knoppix@knoppix: ~$: wlcardconfig
(wireless configuration dialog box appears)
Mode: Managed
ESSID: (I entered the SSID for my router)
WEP key: (I entered the WEP key)
WPA/WPA2 parameters (I didn't change anything here (I'm using WEP 802.11b)
IP: Set/Connect..."eth0 Network Device...Obtain Address Automatically? (I clicked 'Yes')
(wait for a few seconds)
(then it returns with a dialog box with a bunch of IP/network/gateway...blah blah numbers)(I think it successfully received it's info from the router)
(then I close out of that, and try to open 'google.com' or something with the browser...nothing!)
The modem is a USB 802.11g Airlink Model AWLL3026. As mentioned above, it appears to be powered up and recognized, but no connection.
Obviously, I don't really know what I'm doing. Any and all help from the experts out there would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By miami797 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2006, 06:46 PM
-
By santos_douglas in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:02 AM
-
By knop in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
-
By Brian Mcmahon in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 04:58 AM
-
By Bobmeister in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 01:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

Cordless Computer Vacuum 14500Pa 110000RPM Air Duster Blower Keyboard Cleaning
$63.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable
$9.97

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99