-
Thanks for the link you suggested, hal8000.
Unfortunately, the results were sort of "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
RE: Fonts, I changed the default for anti-aliasing from "System Settings" to "Enabled".
I don't see that choice and, as I mentioned in my original post, I already have anti-aliasing enabled.
RE: sudo dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig-config
Well, I ran that in a Konsole window (I'm obviously running KDE). I wasn't presented with a choice when I got to "the last question, I say NO to Bitmapped font support." Since all I was presented with was an OK button, I just closed the Konsole window because I couldn't say NO. There may have been more after the Bitmapped font support; I don't know.
It seems that the 5.1.1 I'm running from a CD iso works differently than the 5.3.1 on the DVD iso. I'm going to download the DVD iso this weekend.
I now think my problem with fuzzy fonts is that I can't get into the native resolution on my LCD display, viz. 1280x800. When I try the "Display" settings under Control Center/Peripherals, I'm not presented with a choice bigger than 1024x768. Using the cheat code Knoppix "screen=1280x800" doesn't work.
After I get the DVD iso running, I'll have man and other help available, so maybe I'll find something to read that'll tell me how to set my screen to 1280x800.
I haven't looked at the Tips on the forum yet. I've found that searching forums usually yields in excess of 99% irrelevant posts.
Similar Threads
-
By caola in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-22-2006, 02:05 PM
-
By benjamin1254 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 29
Last Post: 07-02-2005, 03:18 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 04:14 PM
-
By electronicjason in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 03:01 AM
-
By Coume in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Digital Movie Poster (USB-flash drive)
$100.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$49.99