NO I don't think the How-to is up to date.
In a magazine I read there is a limit to file size in the DVD fs. That is why there is KNOPPIX1 and KNOPPIX2 or some such. Be careful.
Good luck.
John
Hi all,
I've read the wiki page http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Remaster..._Install_HowTo which sounds pretty cool. Currently I try to remaster a DVD, but it's quite annoying to boot every time per CD.
So do anyone know the perfect settings for remastering of the DVD?
Furthermore is the HowTo up to date?
Cheers
Timo
NO I don't think the How-to is up to date.
In a magazine I read there is a limit to file size in the DVD fs. That is why there is KNOPPIX1 and KNOPPIX2 or some such. Be careful.
Good luck.
John
Just found a post which may help you.
http://www.nabble.com/Release%3A-VMKnoppix-20080519-(based-on-KNOPPIX5.3.1-CD-size)-to17422128.html
Alpha systems in Japan have remastered Knoppix 5.3.1 (DVD ) version and its now small enough for a CD download
link above. Whats more thev'ye added boot acceleration and compiz by default.
I've downloaded this, default language is Japanese, so if you want english boot with
knoppix lang=uk
at the boot prompt.
Hope that helps.

COOLER MASTER AERO 7 LITE CPU HEATSINK SOCKET A 370 462 VINTAGE NEW AMD INTEL
$89.95
7 Vintage Microsoft Software CDs Lot Windows XP Home 2000 95 Works PC
$35.98
Vintage computer AMD K6-2 300 MHz 96 MB ram No HDD/No OS
$79.99
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99
Retro Vintage PCI Video Card Creative Labs CT6670 3Dfx Voodoo2 8MB Tested Works
$220.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage 1986 PC/XT Card Lot: Epson MRS-MO MDA Video Card & YK750107 Floppy Contr
$125.00
Huge 58 Disc Vintage Computer Software CD Lot Drivers 90s Retro As-Is Carry Case
$42.98
Vintage Apple IIe Computer Model A2S2064 Main Unit - For Parts / Repair - AS IS
$99.00
Aureal Vortex 2 SQ2500 AU8830 PCI Sound Card Vintage Untested Parts Repair
$167.00