-
Junior Member
registered user
Wlan with static ip
The main reason I use knoppix is becuase my wifi card doesn't seem to work with any other distro (including debian stable) but I would like to be able to set the comp to a static ip on our network. I am the admin essentially so I have access to the router and can assign any ip from on our subnet from .5 to .99 Also I know the default getway, dns servers, netmask, etc. Right now the wifi is using dhcp, its a wmp11 linksys card which I believe is prism 2, how can I turn of DHCP and set a static ip?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Have you tried netcardconfig?
-
Junior Member
registered user
netcardconfig scares me
I haven't tried any of the auto card config tools as I am scared they will break the wlan setup which has been super fickle. I'm assuming that the info I want is stored in a text file somewhere and I prefer to simply enter the settings in there. Problem is I don't know which file is associated with the card, I thought it was /etc/pci/wireless.opts but didn't seem to be the right place.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Wlan with static ip

Originally Posted by
kaplanfx
The main reason I use knoppix is becuase my wifi card doesn't seem to work with any other distro (including debian stable) but I would like to be able to set the comp to a static ip on our network. I am the admin essentially so I have access to the router and can assign any ip from on our subnet from .5 to .99 Also I know the default getway, dns servers, netmask, etc. Right now the wifi is using dhcp, its a wmp11 linksys card which I believe is prism 2, how can I turn of DHCP and set a static ip?
This post may help. It is setup for dhcp all you should have to do is change it to static and enter you network settings along with the other information required.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks
Thanks Stephen, is this your site? I see your posts everywhere. If it is, great site.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Thanks

Originally Posted by
kaplanfx
Thanks Stephen, is this your site? I see your posts everywhere. If it is, great site.

Eadz runs the site but there's a few of us that help answering what we can.
Similar Threads
-
By knop in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
-
By hoy_128 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-29-2004, 03:37 AM
-
By jdally in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 08:35 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-06-2004, 12:18 AM
-
By beecee in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99