Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Sound working / not working on Knoppix 3.2

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    154

    Sound working / not working on Knoppix 3.2

    I have an IBM A30 Laptop with Knoppix 3.2 installed. When I installed it, it did not detect my soundcard correctly. I ran sndconfig, and it worked.
    Now, when I start up, there is no sound. I open mixer, change the levels slightly (they are about 75%, any other level, even lower works) and then sound works for that session, but not on reboot, I have to do the same again.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    # xedit /etc/aumixrc

    Code:
    vol:79:79:P
    synth:79:79:R
    pcm:79:79:P
    speaker:0:0:R
    line:79:79:R
    mic:0:0:R
    cd:79:79:R
    You can adjust these values- be careful. I run mine at 99. Don't know what maximum is.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    154
    I'll try this, but it isn't that the level is too, low, but that I have to change it when the system starts up. Even reducing the volume works. Why should that be?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    OIC- perhaps you are not saving your sessions on logout?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    154
    How would I know whether I am?
    I don't think this is the problem however, since the levels are set at about 75% on startup, there is just no sound, I only need to change them to get sound. Even if I put them back at 75%, it is the act of changing the levels that seems to switch the sound on.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    hmmmmmmmm- Are you aware that there are two mixers? kimix & aumix.

    To save your sessions on log out:

    Control Center>KDE Components>SessionManager

    If that doesn't get it working perhaps you should look at your soundcard drivers.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    154
    Ah ha, no, I'll check that...
    Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Sound not working in Skype
    By steev in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 09:59 AM
  2. touchpad+sound+shutdown not working in knoppix 3.8.1
    By paulo_andre in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 12:46 PM
  3. sound card and mouse not working
    By ozgurgerilla in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 03:08 PM
  4. Sound not working
    By ggiaretta in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 01:51 PM
  5. Sound only working for root
    By Edwin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2003, 04:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)

$310.00



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM picture

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM

$99.99



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



BA96-07387A for Samsung Galaxy Book Flex NP950QCG LCD Screen Complete Assembly picture

BA96-07387A for Samsung Galaxy Book Flex NP950QCG LCD Screen Complete Assembly

$299.00