-
Write to a USB
Good Evening All,
I am currently in an introduction to UNIX class and am having an issue getting started with an assignment. The assignment calls for booting to Knoppix (I am using version 5.5.1) and creating directories on external media using the command prompt rather than the GUI.
All is well until I try to create directories on my flash drive (I have tried many, all formatted FAT) (I also ensured that the drive is plugged in pre-boot)
I get an error that says that the drive is read only whenever I do a mkdir foldername
The directory is as such
Root - Media - sdb
I checked the permissions at Root/Media/ and sbd (flash drive) folders and they all suggest write access.
Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated.
Thank You
Similar Threads
-
By jim2000 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2008, 02:52 PM
-
By mcrae in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-20-2006, 12:54 PM
-
By tac in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 02:44 AM
-
By boo ya in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-16-2004, 12:41 PM
-
By Juggalo_X in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 06:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99