Dear all,

Some time ago, I promised an user (I forgot who) to try to find a way to use wireless connection on Knoppix 5.3.1. He mentioned that if we can make wireless working on the 5.3.1 may help some blind people. So I am very happy to have it done.

It took me a while to download the DVD and have it working.

I spent the past weekend on 3 network cards on three machines and have them wireless connect to the network successfully.

I put up all the three cases on the FAQ page so you can take a look at it if you are interested.

Case 1, wireless card recognized by Knoppix 5.3.1 : see FAQ question 11.

Case 2, wireless card not recognized by Knoppix 5.3.1 : see FAQ question 12.

Case 3, Broadcom B43 wireless card on Dell Latitude D610 and D600. Wrong bcm43xx driver loaded plus missing firmware : see FAQ question 13.

http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ

Merry X'mas

Rgds,
Chip