-
Senior Member
registered user
install Debian instead, same thing after a few changed settings and upgraded packages, just use testing instead of stabel (not as unstable as it sounds).
but if you persist with installing Knoppix I would suggest NOT to upgrade it, it WILL break, and when it does you are more or less on your own.
I will TRY to help but I have Debian so I have to guess some as to your install...
firstly, there was a bug in acpi (a monitoring tool that does the power saving, battery monitoring, fans...) that was affecting battery monitors, it showed just 100% until battery was so low it shut computer down, sounds like you have that faulty version.
second as long as you have power plug in it will run 100% all the time almost no matter what setting you use.
as for the screen blanking, have you checked screen saver settings? they can blank the screen if set to do so, and are not always affected by kpowersave settings.
the above is main reason I never use tools like this, I edit the configuration files, I then know what is done and where, true it takes a while to find the right firle/s under the /etc directory, but not too much so.
Similar Threads
-
By matt houston in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-05-2007, 04:19 PM
-
By cold in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 03:40 PM
-
By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 05:13 AM
-
By rushworld in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 03:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89

SAMSUNG 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T M393A4K40BB1-CRC0Q ECC REG Server Memory RAM
$250.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 32GB Black(SM-T380)
$37.99

Samsung M393A2G40DB0-CPB0Q 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC Server RAM
$75.00

Samsung 64GB 2Rx4 PC5-4800B-RA0-1010-XT M321R8GA0BB0-CQKDS DDR5 EC8 RDIMM TH646
$2049.98

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00