-

Originally Posted by
OErjan
install Debian instead, same thing after a few changed settings and upgraded packages, just use testing instead of stabel (not as unstable as it sounds).
but if you persist with installing Knoppix I would suggest NOT to upgrade it, it WILL break, and when it does you are more or less on your own.
I will TRY to help but I have Debian so I have to guess some as to your install...
I've seen this said once before. can I install debian and use KDE? I will look into it. I actually had Debian on and wiped it; maybe will go back to it.

Originally Posted by
OErjan
firstly, there was a bug in acpi (a monitoring tool that does the power saving, battery monitoring, fans...) that was affecting battery monitors, it showed just 100% until battery was so low it shut computer down, sounds like you have that faulty version.
thanks, I will look this up.

Originally Posted by
OErjan
second as long as you have power plug in it will run 100% all the time almost no matter what setting you use.
as for the screen blanking, have you checked screen saver settings? they can blank the screen if set to do so, and are not always affected by kpowersave settings.
the above is main reason I never use tools like this, I edit the configuration files, I then know what is done and where, true it takes a while to find the right firle/s under the /etc directory, but not too much so.
yeah, I edited the config files. didn't help. must be the acpi bug.
Felmon
Similar Threads
-
By matt houston in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-05-2007, 04:19 PM
-
By cold in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 03:40 PM
-
By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 05:13 AM
-
By rushworld in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 03:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511
$28.99

OEM TVKGH 88Wh Laptop Battery For Dell Latitude 9510 2-in-1 Latitude 9510 9520
$29.43

New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W
$49.95

OEM Genuine Dell Latitude 5420 5424 7424 Rugged 11.4V 51Wh Battery 06JRCP 7WNW1
$95.67

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17
$45.49

GENUINE (OEM ) Dell LATITUDE 7420 Battery & Cable Y4FRN (TYPE 7FMXV)
$19.99

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541
$35.78

Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade
$39.99

Dell Genuine Toner Full Set Of 4 CMYK 2130cn/2135cn CT201180-CT201183
$39.99

NEW OEM V6W33 Battery WV3K8 Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3320 3330 3515
$47.95