-

Originally Posted by
OErjan
kde is available in Debian
from rummaging around I see that the issue of installing Knoppix to the hard-drive stirs some controversy! since I am not familiar with Debian/Knoppix I have only first impressions to share.
I have a nice virgin hard-drive to play with which I installed Knoppix on. following your admonishment I also installed Debian (KDE) and I have been configuring it.
I have run across several hitches which seem due either to my unfamiliarity with the Debian way or with a lack of fit between my way and its, or a combination. not sure the problems would have been greater with Knoppix, I tend to doubt it and I definitely agree with the fellow who likes having a lot of software already installed - I would rather de-install stuff than go out and install and fall into difficulties.
anyway, I may post some questions here as I go along. for instance, I am paying the devil getting mplayer set up. (it was tricky in OpenSuSE but compiling sources felt kind of straightforward there (again, I am unfamiliar with the Debian way). I can't seem to get xmms on board because of some conflict.
as you see, I am trying to reproduce an environment I was familiar with. old dog, I guess. I am pretty content but the whole multimedia area seems a minefield: getting mplayer going and mencoder, not yet sure if avidemux is complete. I am learning.
something I am going to try: remove all games in a couple of steps. I figure I can do that by piping apt-cache search results, suitably formatted, into the app removal script.
oh, and thank you for your help!
Felmon
Similar Threads
-
By matt houston in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-05-2007, 04:19 PM
-
By cold in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 03:40 PM
-
By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 05:13 AM
-
By rushworld in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 03:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

Cisco C9300NM8X Network Switch Module
$649.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$36.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

CISCO ISR4331/K9 V04 Integrated Services Router -Sealed Box
$332.49