-
No bootprompt
I have tried Knoppix 5.1 CD and Damn Small Linux 4.4.1, but I never get to the system boot prompt.
System is an old Dell Dimension with a Pentium 100 processor; I have set it to boot from CD. It boots windows, and can read the CDs from Windows. Only 64M of RAM.
It has a network card (intel?) and I have a DHCP server running; it shows no sign of getting requests when I boot. Video is a Number 9 card.
My interest is in using the machine as an X terminal.
I saw the FAQ saying that some Dell systems had problems booting after running Knoppix. Although that is not my problem, I tried the suggested fix of unplugging for a few seconds. It didn't help.
Any ideas?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)
$575.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

USED - Intel Core i7-13700 SRMBA 2.10GHz 30M 16-Core Socket 1700 CPU Processor
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New
$284.79