-
No bootprompt
I have tried Knoppix 5.1 CD and Damn Small Linux 4.4.1, but I never get to the system boot prompt.
System is an old Dell Dimension with a Pentium 100 processor; I have set it to boot from CD. It boots windows, and can read the CDs from Windows. Only 64M of RAM.
It has a network card (intel?) and I have a DHCP server running; it shows no sign of getting requests when I boot. Video is a Number 9 card.
My interest is in using the machine as an X terminal.
I saw the FAQ saying that some Dell systems had problems booting after running Knoppix. Although that is not my problem, I tried the suggested fix of unplugging for a few seconds. It didn't help.
Any ideas?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5" SATA SSD MZ-7KE512 MZ7KE512
$65.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Micron 1300 MTFDDAK256TDL 256 GB SATA III 2.5 in Solid State Drive
$24.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$42.99