Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Access hard drive?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1

    Access hard drive?

    My windows XP Home Edition has recently broke. It will NOT start up. I was wondering how I can access my hard drive using the Knoppix Linux 3.7 live cd.

    Because i want to get some files of the hard drive a put them on my pendrive so I can reinstall.

    The hard drive is not partitioned and uses SATA -0

    Please try and guide my through it step by step as I dont have a clue what I am doing. Please.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Access hard drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by martynball
    ..... my hard drive using the Knoppix Linux 3.7 live cd.....
    The hard drive is not partitioned and uses SATA -0.
    ...as I dont have a clue what I am doing. Please.
    3.7 is pretty old and may not have support for your SATA hardware, I suggest that you follow the documentation link near the top of this page and readall of the downloading faq, then make yourself a copy of a new version, either 5.1.1 CD ot for a DVD version either 5.1.1 ot 5.3.1.

    If the hard drive isn't partitioned then there would be no data on it.

    Yea, this last statement was already inferred. However, I'm not able to write a Knoppix book just for you. I suggest that you read a lot of the other information found through that documentation link, then ask specific questions when you have done your homework.

Similar Threads

  1. How to access hard drive?
    By dealrocker in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 02:06 PM
  2. Access Linux hard drive
    By PMFAN in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 12:45 AM
  3. gpart utility: Can't access USB Hard Drive
    By ktas in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 12:01 AM
  4. Slow access to USB hard drive
    By rafaelorta in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 06:33 PM
  5. hard-drive access troubles
    By Colonel Sanders in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 04:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" (WDS500G2B0A) SSD

$43.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A picture

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A

$41.99



M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health picture

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health

$19.49



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos picture

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos

$123.90



KingSPec 128GB (1.8''128GB SSD-ZIF) KSD-ZF18.1-XXXMS 1.8

KingSPec 128GB (1.8''128GB SSD-ZIF) KSD-ZF18.1-XXXMS 1.8" CE SSD

$159.90