-
no sound & web site language
Hi, I'm a newbie to linux, please help me if you can... haha
I boot the pc from livecd, but there is no sound supoort. No error message, the mp3 player "runs" properly, not muted, just no sound.. I'm using onboard realtek sound card, does it lead to the problem? About the video playback, do I need a add-on or whatsoever to play xvid, H264 videos?
One more thing, how can the webbrower display other foreign languages while OS language is English. Do I also need a add-on to display .. like chinese in the desktop and web sites?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: no sound & web site language

Originally Posted by
ttttkk
Hi, I'm a newbie to linux, please help me if you can... haha
I boot the pc from livecd, but there is no sound supoort. No error message, the mp3 player "runs" properly, not muted, just no sound.. I'm using onboard realtek sound card, does it lead to the problem? About the video playback, do I need a add-on or whatsoever to play xvid, H264 videos?
One more thing, how can the webbrower display other foreign languages while OS language is English. Do I also need a add-on to display .. like chinese in the desktop and web sites?
Do you hear the startup message "Startup system initiated"?
If no then your sound card has not been initialised.
Open the terminal and type
su (press enter then type)
modprobe ac97
You will need a plugin to play mp3's and possibly xvid videos.
You can try the synaptic manager or simply type
apt-get update
apt-get install w32codecs
Default locale for knoppix is German or us english. If you click the flag on the kde system tray
you should be able to add chineese to the languages. You may have to log out then log in for
changes to take effect but konqueror should then use the new character set.
Similar Threads
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 12:46 AM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 07:45 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 03:00 PM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-30-2003, 04:10 AM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 05:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 20 Micron 16GB DDR4-3200 ECC RDIMM 2Rx8 MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2R1 320GB
$2399.99

Samsung 32GB Total. 1Rx8 PC5-4800B DDR5 4800MHz SODIMM Laptop Memory 2x16gb
$369.00

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

LOT 10: Samsung M393A4K40BB2-CTD7Y 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$1749.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50