Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Why does Kppp work with DVD download but not with CD?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11

    Why does Kppp work with DVD download but not with CD?

    I was very happy when I connected so easily with my new Knoppix 5.3.1 on DVD. I used Kppp in order to get my mobile broadband to work. It set up to the net quickly and intuitively in the first try!

    Since I wanted to have a usb stick with an OS that could access the internet via my mobile broadband, I downloaded the CD version of Knoppix to reduce the GB requirement. The CD version should fit on a 2 GB stick whereas the DVD version would need about 8 GB. The CD version had Kppp and a way to identify my modem, just like the DVD version, but it does not work!

    How do I get Kppp to do the same thing in the CD version as it does in the DVD version?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204

    Re: Why does Kppp work with DVD download but not with CD?

    Quote Originally Posted by plumtreed
    How do I get Kppp to do the same thing in the CD version as it does in the DVD version?
    Just curious, what version is the CD you've downloaded?

    Rgds,
    Chip

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11
    I downloaded v5.1.1 CD 2007-01-04 EN.iso

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by plumtreed
    I downloaded v5.1.1 CD 2007-01-04 EN.iso
    You may try the vmknoppix from the Japan team at
    http://www.rcis.aist.go.jp/project/knoppix/

    Download the English CD version knoppix_v5.3.1CD_20080326_xen3.2.1-20080519.iso

    It may not have everything you need but that's the only 5.3.1 CD version I can find so far.

    Rgds,
    Chip

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11
    This is just brilliant! Thanks Chip, it works perfectly. I would never have found that 'iso' and it was very kind of you to point me in that direction. I can now get on with my project to load up my USB memory 'stick'.

Similar Threads

  1. can't get KPPP to work with modem
    By perlster in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 05:29 AM
  2. Cant get Kppp to work in Knoppix
    By efi360 in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 07:08 PM
  3. Can't get Kppp to work in knoppix
    By efi360 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2004, 02:38 AM
  4. KPPP won't work
    By xolstis in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 01:37 PM
  5. Kppp -kde
    By kc1di in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 09:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE picture

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE

$225.00



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone picture

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone

$225.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001 picture

5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001

$99.99



Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE picture

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE

$149.00



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07