Just curious, what version is the CD you've downloaded?Originally Posted by plumtreed
Rgds,
Chip
I was very happy when I connected so easily with my new Knoppix 5.3.1 on DVD. I used Kppp in order to get my mobile broadband to work. It set up to the net quickly and intuitively in the first try!
Since I wanted to have a usb stick with an OS that could access the internet via my mobile broadband, I downloaded the CD version of Knoppix to reduce the GB requirement. The CD version should fit on a 2 GB stick whereas the DVD version would need about 8 GB. The CD version had Kppp and a way to identify my modem, just like the DVD version, but it does not work!
How do I get Kppp to do the same thing in the CD version as it does in the DVD version?
Just curious, what version is the CD you've downloaded?Originally Posted by plumtreed
Rgds,
Chip
I downloaded v5.1.1 CD 2007-01-04 EN.iso
You may try the vmknoppix from the Japan team atOriginally Posted by plumtreed
http://www.rcis.aist.go.jp/project/knoppix/
Download the English CD version knoppix_v5.3.1CD_20080326_xen3.2.1-20080519.iso
It may not have everything you need but that's the only 5.3.1 CD version I can find so far.
Rgds,
Chip
This is just brilliant! Thanks Chip, it works perfectly. I would never have found that 'iso' and it was very kind of you to point me in that direction. I can now get on with my project to load up my USB memory 'stick'.

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$250.00
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$285.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 3 14" 32GB 512GB, BLACK
$432.00