Just curious, what version is the CD you've downloaded?Originally Posted by plumtreed
Rgds,
Chip
I was very happy when I connected so easily with my new Knoppix 5.3.1 on DVD. I used Kppp in order to get my mobile broadband to work. It set up to the net quickly and intuitively in the first try!
Since I wanted to have a usb stick with an OS that could access the internet via my mobile broadband, I downloaded the CD version of Knoppix to reduce the GB requirement. The CD version should fit on a 2 GB stick whereas the DVD version would need about 8 GB. The CD version had Kppp and a way to identify my modem, just like the DVD version, but it does not work!
How do I get Kppp to do the same thing in the CD version as it does in the DVD version?
Just curious, what version is the CD you've downloaded?Originally Posted by plumtreed
Rgds,
Chip
I downloaded v5.1.1 CD 2007-01-04 EN.iso
You may try the vmknoppix from the Japan team atOriginally Posted by plumtreed
http://www.rcis.aist.go.jp/project/knoppix/
Download the English CD version knoppix_v5.3.1CD_20080326_xen3.2.1-20080519.iso
It may not have everything you need but that's the only 5.3.1 CD version I can find so far.
Rgds,
Chip
This is just brilliant! Thanks Chip, it works perfectly. I would never have found that 'iso' and it was very kind of you to point me in that direction. I can now get on with my project to load up my USB memory 'stick'.

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Rare Vintage DEC DIGITAL DFO3 modem ~Powers Up but UNTESTED #1
$75.00
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99