Just curious, what version is the CD you've downloaded?Originally Posted by plumtreed
Rgds,
Chip
I was very happy when I connected so easily with my new Knoppix 5.3.1 on DVD. I used Kppp in order to get my mobile broadband to work. It set up to the net quickly and intuitively in the first try!
Since I wanted to have a usb stick with an OS that could access the internet via my mobile broadband, I downloaded the CD version of Knoppix to reduce the GB requirement. The CD version should fit on a 2 GB stick whereas the DVD version would need about 8 GB. The CD version had Kppp and a way to identify my modem, just like the DVD version, but it does not work!
How do I get Kppp to do the same thing in the CD version as it does in the DVD version?
Just curious, what version is the CD you've downloaded?Originally Posted by plumtreed
Rgds,
Chip
I downloaded v5.1.1 CD 2007-01-04 EN.iso
You may try the vmknoppix from the Japan team atOriginally Posted by plumtreed
http://www.rcis.aist.go.jp/project/knoppix/
Download the English CD version knoppix_v5.3.1CD_20080326_xen3.2.1-20080519.iso
It may not have everything you need but that's the only 5.3.1 CD version I can find so far.
Rgds,
Chip
This is just brilliant! Thanks Chip, it works perfectly. I would never have found that 'iso' and it was very kind of you to point me in that direction. I can now get on with my project to load up my USB memory 'stick'.

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung Galaxy Book2 12inch Silver FHD+ TOUCH Snapdragon 850 2.96 GHz 4GB 128GB
$160.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00
Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99