-
Senior Member
registered user
Oooooooooo, brand new thread, and I'm only the second poster in it.... LoL
Sounds like a good resource... May be even include some posts on wireless networking that is specific to Knoppix configuration. Tips and Tricks would be nice. For those who might have a laptop with that other OS already pre-installed on it, may be even some threads of dual-booting, and installing knoppix onto an already existing OS machine.
I know I have met a few people on chat, in other servers and channels (not even linux, or OS related) that I have pointed to Knoppix for the shear interest of booting the LiveCD just to play and learn on it, with little to no loss of their original OS install. Some of these people are "borrowing" a parents or loved ones computer, and can not "do anything" to it. The LiveCD is a great way for them to learn Linux, with absolutely no worries on the original persons concerns of that system.
I know a lot of people use the Knoppix LiveCD for recovery purposes, and having a nice laptop you can just plug in and show people how easy it can be, is a good selling feature as well.
I know for me, Knoppix was my first Linux. I learned a lot from just booting the LiveCD, and it has been a "stepping stone" for me to where I am now... Completely Linux only; OS, programs, and hardware. But, I would never have been able to get here if not for these forums, the great support here, and using the Knoppix LiveCD until I felt I could move away from that other OS.
Just some ideas, but all in all, it sounds like a great idea 
LC
Similar Threads
-
By user unknown in forum Laptops
Replies: 15
Last Post: 06-19-2010, 03:17 PM
-
By minifat in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-18-2005, 08:51 PM
-
By fastvfr in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-08-2004, 04:16 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 03:00 PM
-
By freeballer in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 05:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00