-
Junior Member
registered user
How do I brighten up a gloomy screen?
Knoppix looks great and I am very pleased to be able to connect to the internet so easily. My biggest problem at the moment is a very dark screen Is there some way to adjust the screen brightness so that it is easier to view?
I usually run Ubuntu 8.04 and when I install via Knoppix dvd it all goes very dark, I can see it but it should be brighter!
I am using a laptop, Acer Aspire 5315 and perhaps there is a laptop setting that I should establish?
Any suggestions?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I've run knoppix before on an Acer laptop (not your model) and not seen this problem.
Your laptop screen brightness keys should still work, I cannot think why the screen looks
dark, unless it is not using the correct driver..... even then brightness would not normally
be effected just resolution.
Try your LCD brightness screen keys, they should still function, failing that try booting with
one of the cheat codes e.g
knoppix screen=1280x800
fbdev=1024x768
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks Hal, I will follow up on your suggestion and thanks for the reply.
Since posting this question I have downloaded the cd 'version' which produces a screen with normal brightness. I guess the wrong 'selection' is made when my 5.3.1 dvd loads.
Similar Threads
-
By MechStan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-23-2006, 01:05 AM
-
By metavoid in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:39 PM
-
By kiber in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 06:26 PM
-
By Junfriot in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 02:09 PM
-
By Jmack0013 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-18-2003, 04:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco C9200-48P-A Catalyst 48-Port PoE+ Switch
$749.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points - Tested & Working (AP Only)
$89.99

The Cisco Catalyst C9300X-NM-2C is a professional networking adapter designed fo
$750.00

Cisco A99-SFC3 V02 Line Card Module for ASR 9000 Series Router 68-6792-04
$2999.95

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00