Just remembered I am using Knoppix 5.1
Hi all! First I'd like to say I think knoppix is awesome, being able to recover files after a catastrophic failure with such ease! I've used it several times now for whenever windows XP decides to fail on me, however I need a special function.
My brother's laptop recently failed (either Vista or a hard-drive failure, we're a bit unsure as to the cause) and as ACER, alon with various other companies, haven't shipped the vista disc with the laptop, we are unable to fix it, or even reformat and re-install windows. I've used knoppix to reclaim his data before sending it back to Acer to be fixed, and also deleted senstive documents using knoppix. However I remembered that the pagefile can store some information too, as well as the hiberfile.sys. I would just delete these files, but Acer may use a missing pagefile as the excuse for the damaged drive, and thus charge him for the repair.
I know of programs like BCWipe that can clean the pagefile without deleting it, but I'd like to know if Knoppix can do this itself, or if there is a program I can install that will run on knoppix. Again not sure if I can install any software as it's all running off the CD. I think I can get away with just wiping the hiberfile.sys manually, but the pagefile.sys I would like to remain on the Hard drive so that the idiots at acer wont assume that was the problem, and send us back the faulty drive without actually fixing it.
Thank you for at least reading this post, even if you don't have a solution.
Long live Knoppix! lol
Just remembered I am using Knoppix 5.1
I don't think that it's been proven to everyone's satisfaction that you can write to an NTFS partition safely. I haven't the guts to try it myself. I wouldn't have gone so far as to delete sensitive files. I'm sure that you will get further feedback agreeing with this.

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00