I have to use a side button with my thumb for left click how do I configure my intellipoint mouse in knoppix please?
Very impressed with how knoppix loaded and was straight on the internet without touching anything. This is an 9 yr old P3 .
I have to use a side button with my thumb for left click how do I configure my intellipoint mouse in knoppix please?
Very impressed with how knoppix loaded and was straight on the internet without touching anything. This is an 9 yr old P3 .
Originally Posted by Wiilm
First of all you have to realise its a live distribution, and as such can be used from just about any task from repairing broken
computers, linux, windows, solaris, mac, recovering data., etc. You dont need a mouse for any of these tasks.
The default desktop KDE, has a control panel., peripherals where you can adjust your mouse, but next reboot you need to make these
changes again. If you want a permanent distribution, then you are advised to go with Ubuntu or kubuntu (if you like KDE).
Hope that helps
I don't plan on using anything other than a mouse. lolOriginally Posted by hal8000
Thanks for the control panel / peripherals suggestion
I'm not going to be using linux save for emergencies so don't mind resetting afresh.

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49
ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.01
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99