-
Have just downloaded Knoppix using Bit Torrent now.......
Hi, I have just downloaded Knoppix Live CD and I have this files I understand should be buerned to make a Linux Knoppix based CD or DVD, now I have some questions about this,
1- I do not know if I will burn a DVD or a CD, I have always used CD's in Windows as a bootable device such as Bart's PE and you just insert the CD and after a while you have a Windows based computer working with the OS located in the CD, my question is if Linux Knoppix in CD/DVD is similar, you insert it and boot from the CD and start Linux. I have not ever seen Linux and would like to get used to it before I install it as a second OS.
2- Once I have burned the CD/DVD using the proper recorder and after doing this and booting from the CD/DVD unit will this OS modify my C:/ files or perhaps do something unwanted on my PC HD?.
3- Is Linux Knoppix GUI similar to Windows Os's, files, format, archives, erase etc.....
Finally any recommendation on the prior points will be very much appreciated as I do want to look into this OS .
Best regards,
TEEH
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-28-2007, 08:50 PM
-
By xxkiba in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-28-2007, 10:55 PM
-
By eman45008 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 10:41 PM
-
By matt2kjones in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 04:39 PM
-
By ptayanvo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 12:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NWT Vintage TUMI Safecase Deluxe Adjustable Computer Brief Bag 2632 w/ Sleeve
$449.50

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Lot of 4 Vintage Intel i486 DX2 CPU Processors for Gold Scrap Recovery
$99.99

NCR System 3000 UNIX SVR4 MP-RAS Administrator Guide Manual D1-2266-E Vintage
$200.00

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78

Bering OptiPac 3315 OPT 401 205 HP / IBM Vintage Storage PC Computer 1983 3.5”
$100.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99