-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Have just downloaded Knoppix using Bit Torrent now......

Originally Posted by
TEEH
1- I do not know if I will burn a DVD or a CD, I have always used CD's in Windows as a bootable device such as Bart's PE and you just insert the CD and after a while you have a Windows based computer working with the OS located in the CD, my question is if Linux Knoppix in CD/DVD is similar, you insert it and boot from the CD and start Linux. I have not ever seen Linux and would like to get used to it before I install it as a second OS.
Follow the documentation link at the top of this page and read the Downloading FAQ, it should give you all of the information you need about burning and booting Knoppix. I very strongly suggest that you never install it. It is intended to be run from the CD. Once you decide that you want a Linux system installed, there are much better choices to actually install. One would be Debian, the Linux system that Knoppix is based on. There are many others.

Originally Posted by
TEEH
2- Once I have burned the CD/DVD using the proper recorder and after doing this and booting from the CD/DVD unit will this OS modify my C:/ files or perhaps do something unwanted on my PC HD?.
It will not modify your PC hard disk. In fact you have to go out of you way to try to make it modify anything on the hard dis, and I strongly suggest that you do not try to write to a NTFS partitioned hard disk with Knoppix. It can read the files there just fine (as long as the file system isn't encrypted), but it defaults to read-only access for safety.

Originally Posted by
TEEH
3- Is Linux Knoppix GUI similar to Windows Os's, files, format, archives, erase etc.....
What answer would you like?
Why did you post this in the "Customizing and Remastering " section? It is about neither. I'll move it to a more appropriate forum for you.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-28-2007, 08:50 PM
-
By xxkiba in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-28-2007, 10:55 PM
-
By eman45008 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 10:41 PM
-
By matt2kjones in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 04:39 PM
-
By ptayanvo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 12:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung Galaxy Tab S11 Ultra SM-X930 - 256GB, Wi-Fi, 14.6" - Gray /Open Box
$869.99