-
Customized cd won't boot
I just finished creating a customized cd of knoppix and am testing it in qemu. I get the following error:
Accessing KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hda...insmod: error inserting '/cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko': -1 Bad file number
I have also burned a cd at slow speed and tested it and I get the same error. I have tested it on another machine and still I get the same errror. I checked and the cloop kernel module is in the correct directory in the uncompressed filesystem: /home/knoppix/knoppixuncompressed/lib/modules/2.6.19/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.ko
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Mike
-
cloop.ko in the uncompressed directory is not accessible until the file KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX had been mounted !
If you changed the kernel in the booting process make sure you have the right cloop module !
check with "modinfo cloop.ko " on both /cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko and the cloop.ko in the uncompressed dir !
and get the right cloop.ko with the kernel sitting in the boot process ! ( cdrom/boot/isolinux/linux or what ever been there )
Similar Threads
-
By tlahyani in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-25-2006, 12:48 AM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum Ideas
Replies: 16
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 10:57 PM
-
By semolina in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 04:03 PM
-
By redss in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 08:10 AM
-
By archtron in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i5-11400F 6-Core 2.6 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor
$85.00

(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)
$575.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99