Cory, any chance you can try the disk in another PC? Where did you get the CD from?
Hello,
I just got my live CD in the mail and tried it in my Dell XPS M1530 but I get a message that says:
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to busybox shell.
/static/ash: can't access tty; job control turned off
/#
I am running Windows Vista on my Dell (can't wait to get XP back). Any help you can provde would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Cory
Cory, any chance you can try the disk in another PC? Where did you get the CD from?
Clinton, I tried the disk in a Dell Inspiron E1705 running XP and it seemed to work just fine. I ordered the disk from OSDisc.com. Any ideas on what I can try to get it to work on my machine?
Cory
I take it that the Inspiron actually booted with the disk (rather than just reading it).
If the disk worked in the Inspiron it's likely it will work in other machines. The operating system that's already on the hard disk shouldn't make a difference AFAIK.
My suspicion would then be that there's a hardware fault somewhere in your own PC. Modular replacement is how most hardware faults are identified. If you get into swapping parts in your laptop I'd start with the CD drive (even though it seems to work fine in Windows) followed by the RAM.
Ok, I'll see if I can try that, hopefully it fixes the problem.
Thanks!
Please do let us know how you get on.
See also Documentation and this thread.
Other threads.

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper MPC2E-3D-NG-Q / New / 1 Year Warranty / Ships Today
$6995.00
Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99
Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB
$54.99