-
knoppix troubles after install - back to desktop/LX
After installing lycoris (Desktop/LX) I found it... a little limited (after using knoppix on cd for about 2 weeks)... so I installed knoppix over lycoris... and then the trouble started.
I was under the impression that knoppix would be the same after the install... things it used to do when I just booted from the cd, but it will no longer do after the HD install:
1. Automatically mount my other hard drive (XP) and cd-rw and place icons on desktop.
2. Get online - I used to just dial and surf... now it dials and I am connected, but I cant ping anything, load pages, etc...
3. Printer (Epson C82) - the driver on the cd worked fine, but once it was installed on the HD it would not reconize the printer.
4. Give me the option to boot into linux/XP at bootup (of course this was not something on the CD, but it did however work fine with lycoris... now (with lilo installed it just boots to XP) - to get to knoppix I must use a floppy...
Anyway, I am back in lycoris until I figure this out... and then I will try it again. Any help you guys could give me would be great... thanks.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Can help with mounting HD
You can automatically mount your other hard drive if you know which device it is, you can put an entry in the fstab, there is plenty of help to tell you what settings you need to mount your particular operating system. you should find fstab at /etc/fstab just make sure you su to root if you want to be able to write to the file.
Similar Threads
-
By Phillykid162 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 01:50 AM
-
By catlord17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 09:02 PM
-
By William_Olbrys in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 08:27 PM
-
By spidey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-19-2003, 05:14 PM
-
By knopperj in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-05-2003, 10:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU 6-Core 12-Thread 3.2GHz 3.6GHz Boost AM4 19MB Cache
$15.95

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition
$88.00

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$79.99

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 CPU 2.20GHz 22-Core 55MB 145W LGA2011-3 SR2JV Processor
$79.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel core i7-4790 CPU
$30.00