Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: knoppix troubles after install - back to desktop/LX

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3

    knoppix troubles after install - back to desktop/LX

    After installing lycoris (Desktop/LX) I found it... a little limited (after using knoppix on cd for about 2 weeks)... so I installed knoppix over lycoris... and then the trouble started.

    I was under the impression that knoppix would be the same after the install... things it used to do when I just booted from the cd, but it will no longer do after the HD install:

    1. Automatically mount my other hard drive (XP) and cd-rw and place icons on desktop.

    2. Get online - I used to just dial and surf... now it dials and I am connected, but I cant ping anything, load pages, etc...

    3. Printer (Epson C82) - the driver on the cd worked fine, but once it was installed on the HD it would not reconize the printer.

    4. Give me the option to boot into linux/XP at bootup (of course this was not something on the CD, but it did however work fine with lycoris... now (with lilo installed it just boots to XP) - to get to knoppix I must use a floppy...

    Anyway, I am back in lycoris until I figure this out... and then I will try it again. Any help you guys could give me would be great... thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    24

    Can help with mounting HD

    You can automatically mount your other hard drive if you know which device it is, you can put an entry in the fstab, there is plenty of help to tell you what settings you need to mount your particular operating system. you should find fstab at /etc/fstab just make sure you su to root if you want to be able to write to the file.

Similar Threads

  1. Need Help Accessing Root Desktop On A Knoppix HD Install!!
    By Phillykid162 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 01:50 AM
  2. Knoppix troubles - help!
    By catlord17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 09:02 PM
  3. Help me get back my Knoppix cd
    By William_Olbrys in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2003, 08:27 PM
  4. back to cd after install?
    By spidey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 05:14 PM
  5. Troubles booting Knoppix...
    By knopperj in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01