-
Senior Member
registered user
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem on remastered image
I'm starting off with an already remastered knoppix 5.3.1 image , cut down to CD size by alpha systems, japan:
http://www.rcis.aist.go.jp/project/knoppix/
I've followed the howto from HD remaster:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Remaster..._Install_HowTo
All goes well, I can create a Knoppix compressed filesystem and test it using the toHD install.
Problems start in step 7when I create the final iso image. The image fails to start with qemu,
looking for a cdrom image in all devices starting hda to and then states
cant find KNOPPIX filesystem error and drops to a limited shell.
I tried burning the ISO to a CD and the same error.
I think I know where the problem is, but cant spot it. In step 3 of the howto it states about preparing
the partition to receive the remaster and suggests an entry in /etc/fstab to include shortname=mixed
Originally I omitted this step and my image was called knoppix.iso and in a lower case.
I'm pretty sure this is where I have gone wrong as (my previous remasters using chroot environment
always resulted in uppercase KNOPPIX compressed file system and iso image).
Indeed the error states cant find KNOPPIX filesystem (uppercase) so I believe something has gone wrong here.
Thanks in advance for any advice
Similar Threads
-
By Snifro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 19
Last Post: 02-23-2007, 12:26 AM
-
By rabinhood in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2005, 09:39 PM
-
By Yuriy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 11:37 AM
-
By pskipw in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:16 AM
-
By sfit in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle
$49.99

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple Pro Mouse M5769 Wired Optical USB White/Clear
$24.99

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00