Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem on remastered image

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    282

    Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem on remastered image

    I'm starting off with an already remastered knoppix 5.3.1 image , cut down to CD size by alpha systems, japan:

    http://www.rcis.aist.go.jp/project/knoppix/


    I've followed the howto from HD remaster:

    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Remaster..._Install_HowTo

    All goes well, I can create a Knoppix compressed filesystem and test it using the toHD install.
    Problems start in step 7when I create the final iso image. The image fails to start with qemu,
    looking for a cdrom image in all devices starting hda to and then states
    cant find KNOPPIX filesystem error and drops to a limited shell.

    I tried burning the ISO to a CD and the same error.

    I think I know where the problem is, but cant spot it. In step 3 of the howto it states about preparing
    the partition to receive the remaster and suggests an entry in /etc/fstab to include shortname=mixed

    Originally I omitted this step and my image was called knoppix.iso and in a lower case.
    I'm pretty sure this is where I have gone wrong as (my previous remasters using chroot environment
    always resulted in uppercase KNOPPIX compressed file system and iso image).

    Indeed the error states cant find KNOPPIX filesystem (uppercase) so I believe something has gone wrong here.
    Thanks in advance for any advice

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    282

    [Solved]

    Solved the problem: - in a fashion.

    It must be a typo on my part but I returned to the vfat partition and thought I'd rename the file to upper case, but file
    names are case sensitive on vfat systems.

    So instead I made the remaster partition ext3 (then I didnt have to bother with shortname=mixed) as file names are now
    case sensitive and... success. Hope this helps someone in the future.

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    174
    Thanks for the update.

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find knoppix filesystem, sorry.
    By Snifro in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 12:26 AM
  2. DVD - Can't find a KNOPPIX Filesystem
    By rabinhood in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2005, 09:39 PM
  3. Help!!! Remastered KNOPPIX image doesn't boot.
    By Yuriy in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 11:37 AM
  4. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem
    By pskipw in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:16 AM
  5. can't find KNOPPIX filesystem
    By sfit in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4

$279.99



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST picture

Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST

$159.99



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98