Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Internet and remastering

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2

    Internet and remastering

    Internet in normal Knoppix environment (I should mention I use VirtualBox - I have good enough computer for this - quadcore and 4gb Ram) works out of the box, but not in chroot.

    I tried pon dsl-provider, pppoeconf, dhcp without success, although netcardconfig returns:

    Sending DHCP broadcast from device eth0failed to connect to localhost:bootpc: No such file or directory Failed. Hit return to exit.

    How can I connect to the Internet? Thanks

    Miha

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    48

    Re: Internet and remastering

    Quote Originally Posted by smihael
    Internet in normal Knoppix environment (I should mention I use VirtualBox - I have good enough computer for this - quadcore and 4gb Ram) works out of the box, but not in chroot.

    I tried pon dsl-provider, pppoeconf, dhcp without success, although netcardconfig returns:

    Sending DHCP broadcast from device eth0failed to connect to localhost:bootpc: No such file or directory Failed. Hit return to exit.

    How can I connect to the Internet? Thanks

    Miha
    in virtualised world you need to set up virtual eth ,ip,route..so as to be able to connect to host
    then you " bridge" in host the virtual network with your host's connectness to outside world !

    chroot containers works the same way : no direct revelation of real world ( ie devices on host 's pc )

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2

    Re: Internet and remastering

    Quote Originally Posted by wangji
    in virtualised world you need to set up virtual eth ,ip,route..so as to be able to connect to host
    then you " bridge" in host the virtual network with your host's connectness to outside world !

    chroot containers works the same way : no direct revelation of real world ( ie devices on host 's pc )
    But as I said: in visualised environment internet works out of the box, with no tweaking required at all. It just connects via virtual eth0.

    I can paste ifconfig output if requied...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
  2. internet connection is essential for remastering?
    By randika in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 06:13 AM
  3. Remastering Suite V1.01 released! Easy Knoppix-Remastering
    By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
  4. INTERNET CONNECTION DURING REMASTERING
    By papasi in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-25-2003, 06:39 PM
  5. Remastering Scripts : easy remastering
    By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set picture

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set

$58.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day picture

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day

$188.24



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00