Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: The Inquisitive Mind...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4

    The Inquisitive Mind...

    ...has allot of questions about Knoppix! If I was to run linux from a DVD-RW, would I be able to save my files onto that disk (under /home) and they be under /xxx (/home) when I boot back up? I would like to be able to use Knoppix without having to deal with multiple disks, HD partitions, etc. All I want is for my settings and files to be loaded on startup.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4
    Also, how can I write Knoppix to a cd with the built-in Windows tools? I have tried before and it has been unsuccessful.

Similar Threads

  1. updating HDinstall[never mind]
    By Drezliok in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 07:31 AM
  2. my mind is blown
    By kamikaze_fish in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2003, 01:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$345.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$245.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



Vintage California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Terminiator Cards picture

Vintage California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Terminiator Cards

$145.00



Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600 picture

Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600

$65.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00