Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What to download to make Knoppix CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1

    What to download to make Knoppix CD

    Hi All,

    I downloaded "KNOPPIX_V5.1.0CD-2006-12-30-DE.iso" file of Knoppix and made a CD. Can I write this to a CD using regular drop down CD writer menu??

    But the laptop is not recognizing the CD. The option of booting from CD ROM is failing and its going to boot from harddrive and failing the my OS corrupted.

    I want to boot from CD so that I can backup and format my drive.

    Could you please let me know What files I have to download from website. I thought of providing a screenshot but I am unable to upload an image directly here. They have lot of files in the website.

    The websites I am using are

    http://csociety-ftp.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/knoppix/

    and

    http://knoppix.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/knoppix/

    They are recommended websites from http://www.knoppix.org/ when I download in this website.

    Thank you for your valuable time and suggestions.

    [/img]

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    You have downloaded the German version (DE) and you just might want an English version (EN). For all of the details on how to download, how to confirm that you got a good download, and how to burn properly, follow the Documentation link near the top of this page, and read the wiki "Downloading FAQ". I suggest using BitTorrent rather than a mirror, mirror downloads are often corrupt and BitTorrent is much faster.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204
    Make sure you use the "write image to disc" option instead of just copying the file to the CD.

    Even you have downloaded the German version, but if you use the right option to burn the image to the CD. You should be able to boot from the CD.

    Rgds,
    Chip

Similar Threads

  1. What to download at Knoppix.org
    By Varuna in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 10:32 AM
  2. Where do i download knoppix 5.2
    By andy1027 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 06:30 PM
  3. Where can I download Knoppix DVD?
    By Nils_ in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:58 AM
  4. Where can I download Knoppix 3.2?
    By DodgeV83 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 07:45 AM
  5. download knoppix from a mirror site to make a bootable CD
    By tivadarpreiss in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 01:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B  607-0103-C  607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++ picture

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++

$169.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X picture

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X

$180.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle picture

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle

$49.99



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage picture

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage

$99.00