-
Junior Member
registered user
knoppix live CD/DVD on a tftpboot server?
I have a tftpboot server setup that I use to install linux, mainly CentOS.. But I would like to add a knoppix live CD to my tftp server so I can use it to diagnose PCs on the network in case the CD/DVD ROM is bad/etc.. And besides... I think it would be cool to have it on the network anyways..And now that I've messed with it for a few days I'm bound and determined to get it working.. Just to say I got it working.. even if I never use it.
In my /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default file I added this line(granted Ive gone through several variations on these lines but this is what I have currently)
LABEL knoppix
KERNEL knoppix/boot/isolinux/linux
APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=knoppix/boot/isolinux/minirt.gz nomce loglevel=0 quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix frominitrd
I have my knoppix file located at /tftpboot/knoppix and the entire CD 5.1 is under the knoppix directory as is on the CD, so linux and minirt.gz are in /tftpboot/knoppix/boot/isolinux/
When I get to my boot menu I type knoppix and it loads the linux and minirt.gz, then it looks like it's scanning /dev for media then spits out:
can't find knoppix file system, sorry
dropping you to a limited shell
What is the correct format in my default file to get it to find the knoppix "cd"??
thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By larrycow in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-24-2005, 06:42 PM
-
By miazmaticdotcom in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 01:53 AM
-
By amigaman2 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 07:39 PM
-
By cmcclean in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 01:52 PM
-
By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM
$949.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$369.59

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79