can anyone help? i've been searching everywhere to no avail. knoppix becomes extremely slow/hangs for a few minutes when i click to open the Users folder
I successfully booted Linux, and THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THAT!!!
However, I cannot find my documents for my user (I am the sole user on the laptop -- yes it is a laptop).
I did find the folder with all my program files, but the information I wish to use is in my User Folder (it is windows Vista).
How can I find it??! It is like a regular user folder with all documents, music, videos, etc. in windows vista.
Thank you very much!!!!!!
can anyone help? i've been searching everywhere to no avail. knoppix becomes extremely slow/hangs for a few minutes when i click to open the Users folder
uhm this is a "non answer" i sadly have not done this in vista, but usually the C:\documents and settings\username should be there.
might look like this in Linux
/sda/documents and settings/username
you could try searching for a known filename, open the file manager (konqueror) and choose tools, there you have the file search tools.
what do you want to use it for? you can only read from there safely, writing is not safe in my opinion, use a USB memorystick or similar for that.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99