Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Knoppix 6.0

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    21

    New release

    Kindly check this link for information about new knoppix release

    http://www.nabble.com/Knoppix-featur...html#a20905724

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10

    Re: New release

    Quote Originally Posted by nalini
    Kindly check this link for information about new knoppix release

    http://www.nabble.com/Knoppix-featur...html#a20905724
    I am know about kanotix already have ntfs-3g by default or i that not understand?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    21

    Re: New release

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas
    Quote Originally Posted by nalini
    Kindly check this link for information about new knoppix release

    http://www.nabble.com/Knoppix-featur...html#a20905724
    I am know about kanotix already have ntfs-3g by default or i that not understand?

    The Link has a line which says knoppix 6 will be released in near future ( from klaus knopper) and that is it ....

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Knoppix 6.0 is now released

    Hello all,
    Finally Klaus did release Knoppix 6.0:
    http://www.knoppix.com/
    http://distrowatch.com/
    Best Regards,
    Gilles

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    17
    Just fine !

    A lot of Knoppix-users were disappointed about Knoppix 5.3.1: no CD version and other things they didn't like very much

    So I think the new concept of Knopipx 6.0.0. can bring back old Knoppix fans

    So let 's test


  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    Knoppix 6 is crap. Pure crap. There I said it and I'm glad.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    @turbine: why?

  8. #8
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    38
    It works on my old Dell 2400 (compiz works also) and on my old laptop.... Just need to find a way to disable the anoying voice.... Love the LXDE desktop, pretty cool..

  9. #9
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87
    I haven't gotten it working yet - my machine is an old P4, with 224M ram, 1.6GHz, and a Viewsonic A70f CRT monitor. I get a 'H.V frequency over range' message. I tried vga=normal screen=1024x768 vsync=60 hsync=60, with no change. I also googled it without results. Has anyone else had this problem?

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekgr
    @turbine: why?
    The default mode seems to be targeted to a minority, the visually impaired.
    Then you're confined to a character based menu that restricts what you can do.

    When I finally figured out that you can type knoppix at boot time and get a graphical interface, what I got was a presentation whose icons and print was so tiny that these old eyes could hardly perceive same. The top and bottom of the screen were off of the monitor and had to be scrolled to be seen.

    I checked the cheat codes and found that you could specify a kde desktop and a different screen resolution. I tried and both were totally ignored.

    The scarcity of apps is borderline criminal.

    At that point I gave up and tossed the cd into the circular file.

    Knoppix seems to have peaked at the 4.02 dvd version which is still my main day to day distro. It's gone downhill ever since.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read picture

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read

$295.00



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read picture

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read

$199.99



185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac picture

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac

$90.00



Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON ** picture

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **

$99.99



Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer Boots Up / Floppy Disk Stuck picture

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer Boots Up / Floppy Disk Stuck

$99.99



Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer - Works picture

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer - Works

$169.99



Apple Mac Microphone Vintage 1990 Model 590-0618-A Original Box Japan AUX Gray picture

Apple Mac Microphone Vintage 1990 Model 590-0618-A Original Box Japan AUX Gray

$14.95



Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2 picture

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2

$109.99