-

Originally Posted by
Flying2Eagles
hello Carolus
If you get the black screen, try bring up the command screen.
Then type sudo init 1
You should be in command line mode now.
Next type init 5
Lxde should appear normal.
I'm using a desktop and works for me every time.
Flying2Eagles

Just waiting long enough basically solves the problem. Trying to bring up the command line interface with ctl-alt-backspace too soon simply displays some log files briefly and then powers down. Sometimes I get the message "Error - unable to establish connection with FAM. Do you have FAM or Gamin installed and running?" when booting. Clicking OK leads to a mostly-black screen but with a functioning start menu. Selecting "file manager" from the start menu then generates the full background.
On my laptop, the new wireless package recognizes my Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG chipset well enough to identify the available local networks, but fails to connect to an unsecured WLAN when I click on it. Possibly I don't understand how to use the interface. I'm not willing to put much time into pursuing this - like finding and installing a driver - since I can use Puppy Linux when I need wireless. I haven't seen anything about Knoppix 6 wireless in either this thread (Knoppix 6) nor in the Knoppix wireless forum, though it seems to be a major new feature.
addendum - similar wireless problem - "sees, but doesn't connect under Knoppix 6":
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...ppix-6-703010/
Unsolved, thread terminated with original poster abandoning Knoppix.
addendum 2 - all these problems have been solved in version 6.01. Wireless now connects easily.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM
$19.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00